April Showers Bring May...



This weekend I had the pleasure of co-hosting a baby shower for a dear friend. For the invitations I wanted to use a mix of blue patterns and solids. Recently--in a moment of crazed Spring cleaning--I reorganized my flat file and rediscovered many paper scraps I'd been saving for a "someday" project. This shower invitation was a perfect use for those saved scraps!



Since the shower was to be in April, and the baby due in May, we played on the saying "April Showers Bring May Flowers" by incorporating a single umbrella in to the in invites. Each umbrella patchwork was unique, which made it fun to see them all together.



The shower was a hit, and luckily the weather cooperated so it was the only shower that day!

Unknown  – (June 14, 2012 at 1:05 PM)  

Hi! How did you make these? They are beautiful and I would like to do a similar invitation for my friend's bridal shower. How much did it cost you and where did you find the papers?

Lilly & Louise  – (June 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM)  

Hi Rachel,
The papers are various scraps, but you can find some great patterns and solids at Paper Source. We make these for $5 each depending on quantity.

Post a Comment