Spring Dessert Table



I love Spring...and baking...and making things. For a recent Spring-y celebration I was responsible for dessert (so very appropriate). While taking on desserts, I also took it upon myself to make a dessert table... because two desserts are better than one, and a whole table is even better.



I chose tried and true recipes, all of which have been featured here on the blog in some form or another. Lemon Cupcakes, Carrot Cake Cupcakes, [Toasted] Coconut, Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cookies, and Avocado Pound Cake. In an attempt to use things I had on hand, I created "centerpieces" with lemons from our lemon tree, oranges from our orange tree, made cake stands and tiered stands from anything that resembled one, and placed everything on a simple green and white table runner.



My Spring dessert table was a hit! There were only two cookies left at the end of the evening. These recipes and centerpiece ideas would be great for a baby shower or bridal shower, feel free to make it your own...and I know a good place where you can find unique invitations for that shower! Ha!

Liane Duffy  – (April 29, 2010 at 1:26 PM)  

Gorgeous table. I must say though, it is seriously unfair that you can bake amazing, delectable desserts like this and still be so thin and beautiful. I need a lemon cupcake right now. :)

Post a Comment