When Life Gives You Lemons...



...make a centerpiece!

In Santa Barbara it seems like everyone has some kind of fruit tree in their yard. For me the novelty has not worn off, and I try my darnedest to put the beautiful things to use. We are lucky enough to have a lemon tree in our front yard. In the year that we've lived here it has never been without fruit, it's always exploding with beautiful yellow fruits! (We give them away often, all our guests leave with armfuls of lemons!) This week I made a casual centerpiece with the lemons. I found this gnarled wooden bowl at a flea market last year and I think the lemons look perfect in it. It also functions well as a storage place for the lemons, whenever I need a little lemon juice or zest in a recipe, I just reach over to this lovely arrangement!




(This is our generous lemon tree!)

Kara  – (July 18, 2009 at 9:54 AM)  

I love the table that dad made you! I need a lemon tree too.

stina  – (August 2, 2009 at 10:03 AM)  

lovely! it's one of my dreams to have a lemon and/or lime tree in my yard someday. because you never have 'em when you need 'em, and when i buy 'em, i don't ever use 'em all!

Post a Comment