Because Baking is Creative: Blueberry Coffeecake {Muffins}



I just want you to know that I won a prize for this dish in 4-H back in my junior high days (yes...I was in 4-H...hey, I'm a Texan). It's that good. I don't know where it came from, but I remember my mom making it occasionally while I was growing up. I made this particular one just the other day as breakfast for a new mom and dad.

Blueberry Coffeecake
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1 pint blueberries

Beat butter and sugar until fluffy on medium speed. Reduce to low and add flour, baking powder, salt, lemon extract, eggs, and beat until well blended.

Spread batter in 13 x 9" greased and floured baking dish (or muffin pan). Top with blueberries and pecan topping (recipe follows).

Pecan Topping
1 stick butter
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup sugar

In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Remove from heat and flour, pecans, and sugar. Blend until you form a soft dough. (This can be made earlier in the day and set aside). Do not refrigerate topping.

Bake on 325 for 45 minutes (less for muffins).

Post a Comment