Give: Homemade Meals for a New Mom & Dad


I love a good excuse to bake. In fact, most of the baked goods I feature here on the blog, I don't keep (that's too dangerous!). I usually bake when I know I have a group to share it with, such as a potluck, meeting or party (and sometimes it's a stretch--like a class assignment).



My latest excuse for baking was to accompany a homemade meal I cooked for a new mom and dad. I cooked Chicken Artichoke Lasagne, and a Greek salad for dinner. For dessert, Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies. And while I was at it, I baked a Blueberry Coffeecake in the form of muffins for breakfast the next day. (I plan to share these recipes with you in the coming weeks.) I like an excuse to be crafty almost as much as a good excuse to bake, so I made sure to package my goods well. Baking and crafting is the perfect combination to make a handmade, homemade gift...hopefully the food part will help new mom and dad ease into parenthood...

Anonymous –   – (January 20, 2010 at 8:21 AM)  

Leslie, you are too cute! ~AK & Captain

Anonymous –   – (January 20, 2010 at 8:42 AM)  

I'm so glad that you share your creativity and resourcefulness with those of us less endowed so that we might copy you! Thanks for taking the effort to share it! Claire Pickett

Kara  – (January 21, 2010 at 5:04 AM)  

Wow! What a fantastic idea. Who knew there was food in foil under there? I want one.

Lilly & Louise  – (January 21, 2010 at 7:14 AM)  

Wow! Thanks for all your sweet comments!

stina  – (January 25, 2010 at 8:40 PM)  

so thoughtful. prepared & packaged with so much care. inspiring!

Unknown  – (February 17, 2010 at 7:59 AM)  

Agreed, mostly I want that chicken artichoke lasagna recipe!!

Post a Comment