Inspired by a True Story



This weekend I visited Lotusland in Montecito. Madame Ganna Walska, a Polish opera singer, purchased the 37-acre estate in 1941 and spent the next 43 years of her life designing unusual display gardens with exotic plants. Among the crazy and beautiful flowers, succulents and cacti were few structures; but these structures had the most beautiful and historical features. I was most intrigued by the patterns and shapes of the tile work and inlaid tile throughout. Below are some images from my visit. Hoping to find a way to use this inspiration in a new project!






By the way, if you live in California or plan to visit the Central Coast, I HIGHLY recommend a visit to Lotusland!

Jenn Kirk  – (August 3, 2009 at 9:58 PM)  

I've never heard of this place! Thanks for sharing. (Came here via Head vs. Heart).

Post a Comment