Save-The-Fun-Date


I think Save-the-Date cards are a great idea. It's a great excuse to make something beautiful to send/receive in the mail AND it's your guests' first taste of your exciting event (not to mention it's extremely functional--guests can make their travel and hotel arrangements with plenty of time to spare AND you can include a web address for more information). I also think its a great idea to send a fun and footloose Save-the-Date that shows your personalities and follow it with a more formal, elegant wedding invitation, something that reflects the wedding itself.

This is the Save-The-Date from my wedding. I had this idea YEARS before we were even engaged and had to file it away in my brain for future use...it was good because I was able to refine the idea and design when it came time to create our Save-The-Date. We have a friend whose workplace has a free photo booth (the old kind--not the no-fun digital kind) in the lobby, so one day after work we spent a good half hour making silly faces, bumping heads and laughing at ourselves in the photo booth to get a few good shots. Here is what we came up with.



Beneath the photo strip I included a web address for more details. With the additional photo strips, I put together a simple webpage with clickable info for our guests. Check it out here. It turned out to be a perfect Save-The-Date for us, our families and friends loved it and we loved working on it together. Hope you enjoy!

Post a Comment