Home, Improved.



Our bedroom feels complete now that I've finally hung my newly framed prints by Ellen Heck. From her Plus A Century body of work, these prints are made from multiple-plate combinations of drypoint and aquatint on copper over woodcut. When it comes to my living space, I love to mix patterns and subtle bursts of color. I find Ellen's work rich with both, with a deep emotional element present within. I am delighted to have these as part of my daily life!

Ellen is a fine art printmaker and artist-in-residence at Kala Art Institute in Berkeley, and a fellow native Texan. See more of her lovely work here.


left: Leslie and Peachy, Ellen Heck. right: First Conversation, Ellen Heck

Ellen Heck  – (September 19, 2011 at 10:15 PM)  

Oh my gosh, Leslie! I loved the way you framed them. Thank you for having such wonderful family photos...

Your bedroom is gorgeous.

Cathy  – (October 20, 2011 at 9:25 AM)  

Leslie, I just saw this ... I love the way you chose to hang the two prints together ... and they seem perfect for a bedroom, with the calm and comfort of the one on the left and the mutual love happening in the one on the right! Inspiration for sweet dreams. :-)

Post a Comment