Because Baking is Creative: Carrot Cake (Again)

Oh dear...It's been far too long. I'm sorry. The good news is that there's been lots going on in the studio (not so much in the kitchen, except this goodness)-- exciting projects that I'll be excited to share once they're complete!



In the meantime, I hope this little number will tide you over. Every year for Nathan's birthday, I make him a carrot cake. Last year I found the best recipe, this year is a close second. I would have made last year's recipe again this year if it wasn't for a sweet friend who insisted I try this one. When she gave me a typewriter-era recipe photocopied onto letter-sized piece of paper, then folded into eighths, I knew it was a good one. Even the Carrot Cake Connoisseur himself gave it two thumbs up.

Carrot Cake
2 cups flour
2 tsp soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1.5 cups oil
4 eggs
4 cups carrots, grated
3/4 cup nuts
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all dry ingredients together. Add oil and one egg at a time beating well with mixer. Fold in carrots, nuts and vanilla. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.

Cream Cheese Icing
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 box (4.75 cups) powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 stick butter

Cream together and frost cooled cake.

Enjoy!

Post a Comment