How Our Garden Grows: Zucchini Surplus



Four of the last five meals I've prepared have included zucchini. We've used it in stir-fry, omlettes, topped on frozen oven-bake pizza, and sauteed with onions--to name a few ways. We're not tired of it yet...But today I picked 13 of them! I'm perusing recipes to find more ways to dress up zucchini. It reminds me of the chapter in the book Animal Vegetable Miracle, where Barbara Kingsolver bakes chocolate chip cookies laced with zucchini in order to use up their surplus of zucchini...smart thinking, Barbara! Perhaps that recipe deserves a try!? Honestly though, I'm a big fan of plain old roasted zucchini with a touch of salt and pepper.

Have any zucchini recipes to share? Send them to me here or leave a comment below.

Anonymous –   – (May 10, 2010 at 1:57 PM)  

Here is a great recipe (link to follow). I have made it a handful of times. To add more flavor, I add minced jalapeno (tailored to how spicy you like it) and 3 minced garlic cloves instead of 1. Enjoy! -Rachel

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/zucchini-lasagna

Kara  – (May 11, 2010 at 9:16 AM)  

You should make zucchini pie if you haven't already; I think it's better than apple pie :)

Post a Comment