How Our Garden Grows: Seedlings

[sprouts1.jpg]
I'm a proud new mom to baby seedlings. Seriously. PROUD! Last year was our first attempt at growing a back yard garden and our first try at planting seeds was unsuccessful...but we learned from our mistakes. Last weekend we planted seeds to sprout indoors with plans to transfer to them to the garden when they are ready. There is a perfect bay-type window in the bedroom that gets sunlight all day, so that's where we placed them. I think I checked them at least ten times a day, each time anxiously looking and hoping for the first sight of green. On Wednesday morning we saw our first seedling and I jumped for joy! We'll nurse them inside until a bit later in March when they'll venture into the real world--out in the back yard!

[sprouts2.jpg]

This year's garden will {hopefully} include: Carrots, spinach, red-leaf lettuce, Brandywine tomatoes, various cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and patty-pan squash.

[sprouts3.jpg]

I'll keep you posted on how our garden grows.

Alison Portis  – (March 3, 2010 at 9:09 AM)  

Leslie! I LOVE this! I've been wanting to start a garden at our home in CO. It's still a little cold, but I am now excited to start planting in an almost empty egg carton of mine. Yay!!!

Liane Duffy  – (March 4, 2010 at 10:29 AM)  

This is so sweet and I love your photos. I usually have a black thumb but last summer I decided that I was going to grow heirloom tomatoes. I too checked them obsessively, multiple times a day and finally - success, beautiful tomatoes all summer long! I think they can feel your love. xo

Post a Comment