Favorite Things: Watercolor Palette

[wc1.jpg]

Yes. That is what you think it is.

When I was in high school my favorite art teacher taught me that I could store my watercolors in a styrofoam egg carton. My particular set of watercolors had 18 colors, so this was the perfect use for the would-be piece of trash. Now that I think about it, this egg carton-turned-watercolor-palette is 10 years old! It has certainly seen better days, but it works just fine. I use it every time I work on a watercolor project. Although I've added a modern plastic palette to the mix, this one gets the job done and travels well.

[wc2.jpg]

Mica  – (October 19, 2009 at 11:26 AM)  

10 Years old? Seriously that's dedication! That egg carton has seen some miles!

janice  – (October 22, 2009 at 11:36 AM)  

I'm so glad you posted this. I was saving up some egg cartons for this purpose because I remember Rice always had us use them. When you posted this I realized... I'm an idiot. I was saving cardboard cartons. Not a great idea for WATERcolors...

Post a Comment