How Our Garden Grows: First Harvest



Remember those seedlings? Well they've grown into handsome little adolescents! Some a little slower than others...This morning we harvested our first two heads of red leaf lettuce, which we plan to use in a salad tonight. I thought you'd enjoy an update.

...Something tells me we'll have a surplus of lettuce, so, all you SB readers, you know who to call if you need some homegrown red leaf lettuce!




From left to right: carrots, zucchini, red leaf lettuce.

Liane Duffy  – (April 15, 2010 at 9:50 AM)  

Oh my goodness! That's amazing. What a green thumb you have. I'm inspired.

Ellen  – (April 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM)  

I'm inspired too! Those look great.

Kara  – (April 15, 2010 at 2:02 PM)  

Can you post a red leaf lettuce recipe? I'm very impressed...mine would still look like a pile of dirt.

j  – (April 16, 2010 at 11:18 AM)  

I want lettuce! I don't think it would ship well to TX though...

Post a Comment