Inspiration: Flora and Structure at the Getty Villa

[villa2.jpg]

As I'm transferring all my data from my old computer to my new one and learning about all the useful upgrades that I've been missing out on in iPhoto, I came across these photos that I took on a visit to the Getty Villa in Malibu last summer. Perhaps it's my new screen that seems to make everything look rich and vibrant that's drawing me to these images, but I thought I'd share some visual inspiration with you.

[villa1.jpg]

A visit to the Getty Villa can put a creative mind in a frenzy because everything is visually stimulating geometrically and organically. In a walkway each window portal is covered with a pattern; three patterns repeat every third window. In a reflecting pool nearby, lily pads of various BRILLIANT colors and shapes overlap each other, forming an inconsistent pattern. Hopefully these photos will help tell this story.

Enjoy!

[villa3.jpg]

Cathy Heck  – (October 15, 2009 at 7:15 AM)  

Leslie, What a fun way to start my day ... beauty and order. Your post today is like comfort food for me. Cath

Post a Comment