80th Birthday Celebration



I recently posted the invitation for my grandmother's 80th birthday brunch that I designed. Well, last Saturday was the big day and it was perfect! Between my obsession with designing things to communicate one's personality, my mom's organization and culinary skills and the perfect setting, this brunch was a lovely celebration.

I made menus that we included in the place settings, wrapped with the napkins and a piece of raffia with a sprig of rosemary. My mom made gingham table runners (my grandmother LOVES gingham) and she put together some lovely flower arrangements with sunflowers and key limes. For the buffet, I made small cards for each dish that matched the menus. We served spinach and bacon quiche, fresh fruit, cranberry almond muffins, rosemary roasted new potatoes, mimosas, and crab cakes with remoulade sauce. For dessert I made lemon cupcakes and sticky toffee pudding cupcakes. Yes, I channeled my inner Martha. All in all it was good food and good company.






Post a Comment