Making Cards



This weekend I made a handful of sets of Watercolor Heart Cards. I sit down with my paintbrush and my watercolors (I use 12 1/2 dozen egg crate to hold the paints--it's perfect) and paint away. Although I'm repeating the same shape, each little painting is unique, it's quite meditative, too. After the paint dries, I cut a square around each heart and glue to a folded card. A set of cards includes 4 blank cards and envelopes. Sets are for sale here.

Amy Strecker  – (April 8, 2009 at 6:46 AM)  

I've always thought your egg carton paint approach was brilliant!

I love these cards. I know people are always impressed when I send a note on one of your handmade cards.

Robinson Family  – (April 8, 2009 at 7:45 AM)  

You are so amazing! Everything you touch turns to gold! Even the pictures of your handywork are amazing! I just love you! BTW... what camera do you have? I just bought a new SLR, but not sure how to make it do what I want it to! wink! Love you!

janice  – (April 23, 2009 at 2:27 PM)  

I'm going to try to make something like this tonight for a birthday gift. I hope it turns out ok! And I hope you don't mind me stealing your ideas too much! :P

Post a Comment