Kara & Win



I'm hereby declaring Wednesdays on the Lilly Louise Blog "Wedding Wednesdays." First up, Kara and Win.

Kara and Win will celebrate their 2 year wedding anniversary in a few days! This was one of first wedding invitations I created, thanks to Kara who gave me the freedom to make something special for her and Win's big day. The couple chose light green and cream as their wedding colors, and we pulled these colors into many pieces of the wedding, accenting them with pinks and yellows.




Kara and Win married on a lovely spring morning at Green Pastures Restaurant in Austin, Texas. The couple said their "I do's" under a cluster of oaks as family and friends watched from the speckled shadows of the trees above. It was a lovely Texas day. A reception followed with a delicious spread of fresh seafood and vegetables, mimosas, Green Pastures' signature milk punch (danger!), and a champagne toast. Upon leaving their reception, the couple was showered with lavender as they made their way through the crowd. Guest took home small envelopes of wildflower seeds to plant and remember Kara and Win's special day.









Flowers: Susie Lewis. Photography: Stella Alesi Photography. Venue, catering and cakes: Green Pastures Restaurant. Invitation, favor and program design: Lilly Louise.

Kara  – (April 22, 2009 at 4:44 PM)  

Yay for wedding Wednesdays! The invitations really are my favorite. Especially since they were made with so much love :)

Amy Strecker  – (April 23, 2009 at 6:52 AM)  

I love the idea of throwing lavender! That hasn't been done at any weddings I've attended. The wildflower seeds are also a great favor; even if guests aren't up to planting they can sprinkle them on the side of the road for everyone to enjoy.

janice  – (April 23, 2009 at 2:24 PM)  

Loves it! :) I totally stole the lavender throwing idea for my wedding. I've stolen lots of ideas from the Lewis girls' weddings.

Post a Comment